Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Need Reeds

So I just spent half an hour practicing my saxophone, and I realized that I really need reeds. Like REALLY need reeds. Not that I hadn't taken note of it before today, because I had, but up until now I've been sort of putting it off. But it just now hit me that I like really, really need reeds. I haven't bought reeds since marching season, sophomore year. In other words, it has been a really long time in which I have neglected to buy reeds. I almost feel bad for the reeds, because they have been put through so much. They have been through nearly ten marching band competitions, and at least fifty rehearsals. They have been set on the ground and stepped on and cracked and bruised. They have been stained with lipstick and hot chocolate, and their reed scent has been taken away. Honestly, no reed should be force to take on that kind of outside force for so long. Poor reeds.



If I were to wake up on Christmas morning with nothing but reeds under the tree from Santa, I would be content. (Well, I would be disappointed for not getting a kitten, but still.) Perhaps reeds would be a good stocking stuffer, cough cough. For my alto, I use Vandoren size 3 and for my tenor I use Vandoren size 2 1/2. Maybe you could pass the word on to the big guy with the white beard. :)

Oh, and note to self: Buy reeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment